Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lesson 3 Reflection

I have used Moodle in my classes before, and I like some aspects of what it can provide. In terms of making my classroom more student centered and differentiated, Moodle allows for students to participate and interact beyond the traditional classroom methods. Towards this end, I have used Moodle message boards before. I really like using these kinds of discussions because I always get some surprising result. Students who seemed like they had no interest in what I was doing in class will often write really excellent message board posts. It always makes me happy that I provided them an alternative method of participation. In addition, it allows me to encourage that student to share his or her brilliant ideas in class next time. I do not, however, see myself using Moodle quizzes. All of my quizzes are short answer and require students to explain their thinking and to support it with evidence.

2 comments:

  1. Jim, I agree that moodle discussion boards allow students who may not participate in class to demonstrate understanding and enthusiasm for class materials. I am also often surprised by the thoughtfulness of comments of some students on moodle. It is a good idea to provide mutliple opportunities for our students to demonstrate interest and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, I like the idea of the moddle discussion board. I think that I will use that in my PE classes so the students can talk about the work outs that they have done.

    ReplyDelete